Sunday, June 12, 2022

Hang In for the 2nd Edition

        It's 2022. I think I last entered a blog post in 2011? Life certainly does get in the way, between deaths, (and ensuing family feuds), illnesses, pandemics, disasters, natural, and man made, as in Republicans and Donald Trump. 😬 When asked on Twitter what I think is the single biggest threat to the world today, I always answer, Republicans. 


Life has not been the same in America since that lying, orange con man and Putin useful idiot, along with his 24 years younger "Slovene-American" mannequin and alleged ex-model, third wife, descended the escalator at Trump Tower in 2015, to the applause of his paid extras. And then with Putin's help, lied, finagled and gerrymandered his way into our White House. Saddest day I can remember, until his dystopian inauguration speech, anyway. 


But, we lived through those very frightening years, despite all the sleep deprivation due to nightmares. So, tomorrow is the second January 6th Select Committee hearing. It feels like Christmas Eve to me. I'm setting my alarm and recorder. I suppose 7am is too early for popcorn. So, coffee it is with some oranges and toast, too. It is a party, after all.  


The first hearing, on the 9th, did not disappoint. I thought the committee, and the former ABC TV executive news producer, James Goldston, did a spectacular job laying out their case against Donald Trump, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, and other fools who bought into orange Caligula's lies and conspiracies. 


Like brilliant prosecutors, they are building their case, showing how Trump knew full well he had lost the election. No plausible deniability. And they clearly showed that he planned this for at least a month with the Proud Boys. They showed us that he felt his VP had it coming when the mob yelled and chanted, "Hang Mike Pence!" And he gleefully watched the violence and terror at the Capitol on his bank of TVs in the dining room off the Oval Office. He never called for any help, and let the Capitol and Metro Police fight it out with the out of control mob for hours. 


As officer, Caroline Edwards, who sustained a brain injury that day, said, she was not trained in hand to hand combat. And Trump kept rewinding the video to watch the violence again to relish in all the people who were fighting for him. It would be sad that the ex-POTUS is so deeply insecure, due to being so badly treated as a child, that seeing people commit mayhem and violence in his name made him feel loved. But, I am all out of Fs to give about that cruel, criminal sociopath. 


I feel like I pretty much already knew most of what they were presenting, except Ivanka's actually throwing her demented dad under the bus. That was fun. Talk about mannequins. She looked like a gaunt robot. But, Ivanka has so much more money than her dear old dad, (Thank you, China. Thank you, Saudi's MBS.), she doesn't need to worry about being disinherited. 


But, I hadn't fully realized the amount of advanced planning and number of reconnaissance tours of the Capitol to find the most vulnerable areas to breach the building. I, also, can't wait to see who else in the Republican party was involved in organizing and helping those tours. I think we all have our suspicions, of course, but to be continued... 


And I learned on Thursday that the Proud Boys actually hired a documentarian to record their insurrection. 😳 I don't know about you, but I would think that the first rule of committing an egregious and treasonous federal offense would be to not record it. But, maybe that's just me. 


I hope you will not miss this history in the making tomorrow morning, either. To be continued. 


Jocosa Puella June 12, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment